- #FashionTipFriday (4/7/2017)
Spring has sprung, the weather not as fast. Don’t put away your scarves yet, there are more than the standard ways to wear them such as this, the light weight, long sleeve cover-up. This is an easy way to keep your arms covered in the cool breeze or even from day to night wear for an easy layering piece essential!
- Simply open up the scarf completely,
- Tie the shorter side corners together on each side, around the width of your wrist comfortably.
- Then slide your arms through the “sleeves” & voila! You have the perfect, easy, breezy layering piece.
Also, don’t be afraid to mix up patterns & colors!
- #FashionTipFriday (3/3/2017)
Happy Fashion Tip Friday! March is HERE and so is the Mania!
Running from one place to the next? Wanting to support your team while looking fabulous and feminine? Start with the basics! Layer up and show off the accent pieces. Start with one main spirit color, add on a layering piece (either a neutral or matching team color), and add on a fun statement necklace or bracelet to create a chic, effortless look! Give a little scrunch cuff to your jeans or layering piece for a little more added chic texture. Add your favorite sneakers or booties to complete the look and you’re complete!
Score all the deals when you shop at MODE. Get Your MODE On!
- #FashionTipFriday (2/3/2017)
Happy Fashion Tip Friday MODE gals! Welcome to February, the month of love!
Speaking of love… do you love your skinny jeans paired with your booties? I know we do since we are the Home of the $40 Designer Jean! There are so many ways to cuff your denim for the perfect cuffed fashionable look. But sometimes, your jeans are just a bit too long for the single roll/ fold over cuff look (especially us shorter gals). So, if you want the look of the single roll cuff, watch the video below and “Get Your MODE On!”
- #FashionTipFriday (1/6/2017)
Oh la la, Mother Nature has sent a chilly winter so far! We are cold weather women at MODE as we were founded in Fargo, ND! Today we have some great tips and reminders for dressing warmly when it’s bitter cold out!
- Your mom was always right, don’t forget your hat and mittens and scarf! Body heat escapes quickly from our head and our neck also holds a lot of body heat! Wrap up your neck and find a cute hat. There are many great options out there that won’t mess with your cute hair! Don’t let those hands get frozen either, get some cute mittens and grab a coffee while you are at it – we always believe that coffee helps!
- Get a coat appropriate for your climate! Unfortunately, many of the fashion coats are not made for the colder temperatures that many parts of our country see. Look for something that has a durable lining and heavy layers, or go for one of the great puffer or ski jackets that has layers to lock the heat in. Shoot for a black or brown option, this way you can always change up your look with scarves, hats and mittens to give it a new twist!
- Love your dresses, but don’t want to freeze? Add leggings or heavy tights and a pair of boots to your favorite dress. Not only will you have a new look you will be cozy warm in your new style. Want to add more warmth, layer a slip under your skirt or dress.
- Don’t be a shoe snob in the ice or snow. We mean that in the nicest way possible, but don’t be putting yourself, your feet and your toes at risk this time of year! Opt for a great pair of winter boots and put those cute shoes in a bag to wear at your final destination. Don’t be a winter extreme sport enthusiast in your stilettos on ice, a great pair of winter boots will get you much further and with less worries! We promise!
When all else fails, snuggle up in your favorite winter sweater, a great pair of jeans and a cup of delicious coffee! Let the weather do what it wants and take this time to hibernate and rejuvenate as we begin another amazing year in our world!
- #FashionTipFriday (12/30/2016)
It’s the final week of 2016 and we’ve given you tips, tricks and ideas from head to toe this year! We hope you have enjoyed our Fashion Tip Friday posts this year and we want to leave you with five good to know tips as we enter into 2017!
- Fancy up one of those cute and popular puffer vests by adding a fun thin belt. Cinch at the waist and you have a new look.
- Use window cleaner to bring back the glossy look on patent leather shoes. Give it a light spritz and wipe it dry!
- Think your bra may be too tight? Try putting two fingers under the bra band, if you cannot do so, it’s definitely too tight for you!
- Have a hot glue gun lying around? Use this handy tool when you are in need of a last minute hem on your pants!
- Take some time after ironing! Wearing your clothing immediately after ironing can cause more wrinkles. Let your items hang for 5-10 minutes to let your work settle in.
Wishing you and yours a Happy New Year from all of us at MODE!
- #FashionTipFriday (12/23/2016)
The gifts may be purchased, they may be wrapped, the Christmas goose (do people still have a Christmas goose?!) is on the table and the holidays are in full swing. We’ve shared tips on traveling in style, packing in style, what to wear to the party and even how to clean up that mess you may make. Now we want to get to the best one of the year! Are you ready for it, gals? Ready for the one that will make every gal on the planet look like a million bucks? Here it is…Kindness!
Before you go and say, “hey – I want to know what to pair with my blanket scarf or what jeans go with what boots,” let’s talk this out. For many, 2016 has been THE year of change, heartache or even complete joy. The one thing we can offer others to others and wear confidently, is complete and total kindness. It’s the cream cheese frosting on the cake, it’s the accessory that goes perfectly well with any look and it’s the one size fits all (OSFA!) fashion statement. It’s the gift that keeps on giving (besides jelly of the month!) and it’s the thing we all truly need, not just this time of year, but all year long. As we get our minds and our hearts wrapped up with buying the gifts, looking our best, donating money, making money, imagine the impact that the gift, the donation, our looks and our salary will have if it is backed by kindness to others. As we reflect on all things that we as fashionistas love, let kindness rise to the top of our list and guide us in not only our fashion decisions, but our life decisions this year.
Kindness is always fashionable.
- #FashionTipFriday (12/16/2016)
If you are like the over 90 million individuals traveling this holiday season, you are not alone in the packing and traveling struggles. What to pack, what to wear while traveling and how to do it in a stress free and manageable fashion can be a huge task. We’ve come up with some wise ways to get packing and travel in comfort and style this season.
- Pack as light as possible, the last thing you need is to feel overwhelmed by multiple heavy bags of unnecessary items. Before you say, “But what is technically unnecessary” think through your travel plans and make a list. Nail down what you will be wearing, make a list and stick to that when packing. Leave the decision back home and bring one outfit per day/event.
- Roll it! The best way to create extra room in those bags is to roll your items to maximize packing space. This can often help with wrinkled clothing as you can tight roll some items which will give them less option for heavy squishing in the pile.
- Reuse some items! Heavy sweaters and outwear can really bog you down. Think through some items to see what you are going to need. Create outfits with layers or scarves so you can go with one cardigan but wear it a number of ways to create different looks if your packing options are very limited.
- Don’t forget the comfies! Ladies, we do a lot of cooking, backing, movie watching and coffee drinking at our house, so be sure to pack those comfy clothes so you can snuggle in when the time comes to relax and take in some holiday fun. If you are unable to do so this time of year, make that comfy environment for yourself at night and snuggle in.
Be sure to pack whatever it is that makes you happy this season and enjoy every minute of your travels, wherever life takes you this season!
- #FashionTipFriday (12/9/2016)
Holiday parties are in full swing and so are your amazing holiday party outfits! We know the careful selection and planning that goes into the perfect party look and ladies, we do not want you risking anything this season on your look. That’s why we have gathered a few tips for some easy fixes to some common stains we see at parties. Keep this list handy if you end up running into a stain this season.
Barbeque sauce and Chocolate: We can’t say no to the mini meatballs or mini sausages cooked in a delicious barbeque sauce mixture and don’t even get us started on our love for chocolate! As soon as you spot the stain, clean up any excess sauce, working from the back of the garment or stain, flush with cold water. If you are near a washing machine, pre-treat with a liquid laundry detergent and let it sit for a few minutes. Rinse the stain well and continue as needed until you have removed most of the stain. If the stain still remains, pre-treat with a stain remover and toss in the laundry. If stain remains, continue the process before drying.
Red Wine: Cheers to a glass of vino or red colored cocktail, but tears for the stains they can leave. If you have a spill of this drink, first and foremost, dab the stain with a paper towel or towel to absorb as much liquid as possible. DO NOT rub it. Our favorite option is to add salt to the stain by spreading it liberally over the stain, let it dry and wash with cold water. This also works for stains on a rug or upholstery if needed.
Coffee: we do a lot of cuddling up with this warm favorite this season! If you accidentally dribble a bit on you, soak up the remaining liquid with a napkin or paper towel, rinse the stain with cold water for 3-5 minutes. Find some dishwashing liquid or hand soap and lightly blot the stain with the liquid and let dry for a bit before washing.
Dry clean only items: Be careful with your delicate and unfortunately you may have to wait out the stain on some of these items. Blotting will be your best bet as other options involving water, soap or other additives could harm the fabrics on these items.
As with all clothing or upholstery, be sure to follow any directions on the tags or cleaning recommendations listed on the items before experimenting with any other options.
- #FashionTipFriday (12/2/2016)
Did someone say mini meatballs, meat and cheese trays and cranberry flavored cocktails? Yes, holiday party season is upon us, ladies! We love this time of year as it gives us the opportunity to gather with friends, family and co-workers to give thanks and celebrate.
One of the last things you want to worry about is, what to wear! We know all parties vary, just like the menus do. We thought we’d line out some simple yet, easy ways to decode the holiday party dress code this week to help you plan the perfect look! Party 1: The Holiday Festive Vibe at a friends house! These parties can be more intense than the black tie as holiday festive has become quite the phenomenon. There is the fine line between wearing your favorite blinking holiday sweater and looking your very best. Here is the deal, feel comfortable and roll out in whatever you want. This is YOUR holiday, so do it as YOU want. Wear some comfortable jeans or leggings, a great holiday sweater/sweatshirt and holiday themed accessories. Not sure you want to go all out? Grab one of the staple colors of your holiday season and add some fun jewelry. A simple red, green, blue or white sweater can be jazzed up with statement jewelry you already have in your closet! No need to go out and buy themed looks just for the party!
Party 2: The Office Holiday Party at a Restaurant! Here is where you need to look at your own office environment and the restaurant. If you work for a suit and dress pant company, it may be worth breaking out the casual black dress and tights for this environment. Don’t go all New Year’s Eve on this one as the focus of the event is really a meal with this type of event. Nobody wants to show up in an uncomfortable look while trying to enjoy the filet mignon and cheesecake deliciousness that the boss is paying for!
Party 3: The Happy Hour Cocktails and Appetizers at a local bar! This one all depends on where you work and the venue again. For this one, many may come from work, but what if you are the +1 and don’t work there? We recommend taking a look at the venue and what the team normally wears at this particular office. Dress to the occasion, but what we can suggest is something that can be added or taken away from your outfit to pair it to the event. Feel like you might be dressed too casual? Keep a statement necklace, bracelet or scarf in your purse. Feel you are a touch overdressed for the group or venue? Layer down and store those accessories in your bag.
Any party should be the perfect opportunity for you to feel comfortable in your clothing, so be sure that you have what you need on hand to feel your best. Shoes can be the biggest issue at parties as you could either end up on your feet socializing or taking your shoes off at the door at a home hosted event. Be sure your socializing shoes are ready for a night out and you slip a pair of flats into your purse for a location where outside shoes are not welcome. Finally, be sure to indulge a little, we hear too often to stick to the diet, but when else do we have snowman cookies and eggnog available to us? Enjoy!
- #FashionTipFriday (11/25/2016)
The turkey has been eaten and the pie has been sliced, you know what comes next…more holiday events! Instead of stressing over buying a completely new wardrobe or making sure you have the right look for the month ahead, we are offering some easy tips to dressing for the holidays.
- Jeans are of course our go to as the “Home of the $40 Designer Jean” and we think that any occasion calls for this classic look. Grab a pair of skinny jeans and pair with something sparkly. Go big and bold with a shirt detailed in sparkle, or trim it down with a more casual look and layer on the sparkle accessories. Tis’ the season to not worry about how much is too much, it IS sparkle season!
- Look at playing around with winter white. Not sure you want to wear blue jeans all holiday season? How about trying out some white ones and pairing it with some other white top. Adding a touch of sparkle or a great scarf to a white look can give you just what you need to make that winter white look oh so chic!
- Our feet can definitely take a beating this time of year. If you live in a boot necessary climate and hate having to waltz around in stocking feet at a home event, consider bringing a simple pair of ballet flats with on your adventures. These are easily tuck able in a bag and can be great for the office, home or event.
- Finally, sometimes you just want to be comfortable in a dressed up look. Don’t skimp on that extra cookie with eggnog if that is your thing! Try some comfortable leggings and a great tunic or sweater dress. No uncomfortable feelings with this style and it can be worn in all climates. Warmed up for the cooler regions with simple accessories and simply paired with jewelry in your warmer climate.
The one thing to remember is to be comfortable in your style as you embrace all that the season has to offer this year! Simply enjoying the company of co-workers, friends, family and strangers makes the season bright!