How could it be that time already? We ask ourselves this very question each year, in addition to: where did the summer go? Is it back to school already? I feel like we just started the summer? I planned on saving for back to school shopping and here it is upon us! If you are asking yourself those questions, we have you covered. We’ve heard it all and we are also in your world, so let’s look at some ways to make back to school shopping a touch easier this year.
- Take stock in what you already have! Yes – take those fall totes out and do an inventory! This is especially important if you are following a budget. You may have packed some fall items away and forgot about some of the amazing pieces you have.
- Make room for more! Clean out that closet, ditch and donate pieces that no longer fit, no longer serve a purpose and are simply taking up space. (hello prom dress from two years ago – it is time for a new home!) – this will also help with your budget as you can consign or sell these piece to add to your shopping fund.
- Outfit plan with your current pieces. Have a great cardigan that you love but rarely wear? Can you envision it with a new color underneath or a fun new pair of colored jeans to spruce it up? Plan to be on the lookout for something to add to that piece.
- Make a list! Yes, lists aren’t just for the grocery store. This will keep you on task so you don’t find yourself at the end of the day saying, wow – I got all of this great stuff but didn’t get anything that I had to have. We know you may venture off of the list (duh – we love shopping as much as you do!) but keep it as a good reminder of those pieces you have to have for certain events or upcoming school year necessities.
- Go bold. Try it out girls – be a bold, beautiful you this year and try a new color, new style or even a whole new look. Cut your hair, try a new jean style, update your color pallet, whatever works for you – make it yours and yes, you can even do this on a budget!
Wishing you an enjoyable back to school shopping season. We can’t wait to see you at MODE!