We love our jeans at MODE and we love the feel, the look and the color of a fresh new pair of jeans. So we get as sad as you do when our jeans start to deteriorate, fade, tear or pill. Any of these options makes for sad day when our favorite pair starts getting into the “slightly worn” section of our closet. Even with our amazing designer jeans at MODE, we know that the care we give to the jeans really can extend the life of them. Today we want to share some easy tips to get some additional “newness” out of your favorite pair of jeans.
- If you are looking to preserve the color on your jeans, consider washing them less. Don’t get all grossed out over dirty jeans. Unless you have spilled on them or did your workout in them, consider letting them live a little without washing after every use.
- When you are ready to give them a good wash, consider a few things:
- Turn you jeans inside out before washing and be sure to have the coldest temperature water.
- For those with more time on their hands, consider washing your jeans by hand. By washing, we really mean soaking as scrubbing them down is not a necessity and can add to deterioration of the jeans. Brush if you must to get out any pesky stains or debris that may have been collected on your jeans.
- Do NOT dry your jeans. ALWAYS Air Dry! Notice our intensity on that point? This is so important in the process of extending the life of your jeans. Hang them over a drying rack or on a hanger if needed, but let them breath to dry. Keep out of the sun and give them some time. If you cringe at the idea of the crunchy feeling of air dried clothes, you can simply toss them into the dryer once they are dry on air/fluff or the lowest heat for a FEW minutes (just a few, don’t get wild now).
Enjoy your jeans, love up on them like they do on you and when it is time for a new pair of jeans, you know where to find us. We will always be the “Home of the $40 Designer Jean”