Last week we talked about fashion fixes and ideas for the tall girls, today we are excited to bring you some tips and advice for the short gal. We hear many of the same complaints or feedback from our shorter gals that we do from our tall gals – it’s hard to tailor some of the great fashionable pieces to a specific height or frame. You know we love helping women shop differently at MODE and along with that comes some ideas to make you feel your absolute best in clothes you love.
- Let’s talk denim first! At MODE our designer jeans can often run long, but never fear, we have many great options. First off, find a pair that works for your body – don’t let the length get the best of you. Hemming can keep the great shape of the jeans and the stitching can often be matched so they look like they were made that length. Avoid cuffing them as an easy option, this can often give your legs a shorter look.
- When looking at denim color options, go for darker denim. Dark denim tends to elongate the legs and can give legs a longer and slimmer look.
- When boot season arrives, ditch those dreams of tall boots and go for some shorter boots or booties. Shorter boots will help to lengthen the look of your legs.
- For those beautiful flowy long sleeve tops, try cuffing and tucking them at the elbow. This will break up the sleeve, eliminate the issue of a sleeve that may be too long and also emphasize your great shape.
- Add some layers to lengthen your torso. This is as simple as adding a long fitted shirt under a sweater or a great accent tank that can pop out from under the sweater!
Short gals, don’t let your proportion stop you from trying something new, exploring a variety of fashion styles and feeling beautiful in whatever you want to wear!