With a new season upon us, we are right there with all of you in our enjoyment of fun new colors, looks and styles. We understand the need for new and love the looks, but we also know that many gals stick to a good budget and we also know that fall fashion can take up some space in our closets. So IF we had to choose only a few things, these are our suggestions for essentials for the fall.
1. A chunky sweater! Always cold? Grab the one with a great rolled neck or cowl neck. Get too warm? Go for a lower crew neck option. Both option is fantastic and this look is a perfect late fall and winter go to. Given the chunky weight, you can often go without a coat or all an easy layer of a vest.
2. Speaking of vests, this is our #2 essential. Vests offer something for everyone, regardless of your height, size or style preference. Many designers have been bringing in some fun looks with a variety of colors and even pocket style. Layering the look with a vest allows you to add that extra warmth, but not too much. Pair with your favorite necklace or a scarf and you have an easy look that can be worn with multiple pieces in your closet.
3. The classic turtleneck is our #3 essential. We love the various styles which include lighter fabrics, soft fabrics and with some detail. Don’t just use this as a layering piece, find one that is a fun color or offers a staple color but that you can wear alone.
4. A fun but functional winter hat. There are so many great styles and options out there, but when the winter wind starts, we need our ears covered and to keep the heat in. We also need to keep our fashion forward look, so keep an eye out for something that works well with your style, adds some fun to your outerwear, won’t destroy your hair and keeps you warm.
5. Jeans! Of course we need to mention our favorite piece and we all know this is an essential. When looking at jeans for the winter, think about your shoes. As our clothing styles change, so do our footwear favorites. If you are a boot wearing beauty all fall and winter, look for a good jean that will work with whatever style of boot you have. If you plan to tuck them in or cuff them, just make sure they are a good length and also a weight that will work inside your tall boot. Another thing to look out for is a new style such as a flare or boot cut!
Mix, match, layer and have fun with your style this season!