- MODE Named Top Franchise for 2017! (1/18/2017)
MODE has been named a Top Franchise for 2017 from Franchise Business Review! We’ve been rated an Outstanding Brand by our very own Franchisees! Want to know more about the FBR50? Check out their video to learn about how MODE was honored and what this means!
- MODE Wichita Featured on KAKE-TV (1/17/2017)
MODE Wichita recently visited with KAKE of Wichita and showed some amazing fashions from their store! Check out their feature and fashion show!
- MODE Featured on Chase.com (1/2/2017)
A new year brings new goals for MODE, New Years Resolutions from Small Business Owners – ! Founder and CEO, Ciara Stockeland recently shared her New Years Resolutions for MODE with chase.com
- MODE Featured in Entrepreneur Magazine (11/4/2016)
Check it out! MODE was featured in the November issue of Entrepreneur Magazine – pick up your copy or visit the link to check us out online! https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/283954
- MODE Expands to Williston, ND (9/16/2016)
MODE is excited to announce the addition of MODE Williston to our growing franchise in late October. Click on the link for recent press highlighting this upcoming addition to the community of Williston, ND! http://bit.ly/2cwxRxK
- MODE Cedar Rapids featured in GO CR Blog (9/6/2016)
MODE Cedar Rapids was recently featured in the GO Cedar Rapids “GO CR Blog” where the author perfectly captured the culture, style and MODE mindset. Check out the full post here: http://www.gocedarrapids.com/blog/mode-cedar-rapids/
- Wichita Business Journal selects MODE Wichita Owner for Award! (8/18/2016)
The Wichita Business Journal honors those who put their entrepreneurial spirit into action with the newly created Enterprise Awards. MODE Wichita owner, Pattie Durham was recently selected for a 2016 Enterprise Award in the Franchisee Category! See the full story here: http://bit.ly/2bEToFL
- MODE Cedar Rapids Manager featured by PWN (8/15/2016)
Trudy Claassen, manager of MODE Cedar Rapids was recently featured by the Professional Women’s Network of Eastern Iowa. With a background in fashion and a heart for customer service, Trudy provides each and every customer with an unbeatable experience! Check out the full feature below!
- The Queen of Overstock (8/2/2016)
Fargo INC Magazine sat down with Founder and COO, Ciara Stockeland to discuss overstock, franchising and the MODE culture. To see the entire issue, visit joom.ag/GGgQ
- The Challenges and Nuances of Starting a Franchise Business (7/27/2016)
Ramon Ray of Smart Hustle Magazine recently sat down with Ciara Stockeland of MODE to discuss the growth from owning one location to franchising. See the full article here http://www.smarthustle.com/ciara-stockeland-starting-franchise-business/
- How to Increase Franchise Opportunities for Women (7/19/2016)
Ciara Stockeland was recently featured on the International Franchise Associate blog regarding opportunities for women in franchising. As Stockeland writes “while the franchising industry is chock-full of viable career opportunities for both genders, it can be a particularly smart decision for women entrepreneurs.” See the full article here: http://www.franchise.org/how-to-increase-franchise-opportunities-for-women
- Meet MODE, Dream Big Midwest Regional Finalist (6/21/2016)
Learn more about MODE, our concept, our growth and our future goals!
- MODE Founder and COO testifies at US Senate Committee (6/16/2016)
On Thursday, June 16 MODE Founder and COO, Ciara Stockeland testified at the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship regarding the challenges of the National Labor Relations Board’s new joint employer standard and it’s impact on franchising. Check out the full story here!
- MODE Participates in Capitol Hill Roundtable and Meetings (6/15/2016)
Ciara Stockeland participated in a US House of Representatives Small Business Roundtable, held by Committee Chairman Steve Chabot (R-OH) to discuss the New Overtime Rule and its impact on small business.
Additionally, Stockeland and Courtney Barstad Logan took part in the Main Street Ambassador program on Capitol Hill where they met with legislators regarding small business.
- MODE Recognized as a Regional Finalist for US Chamber Small Business Award (6/14/2016)
MODE was recognized at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Small Business Summit as a Regional Finalist for the Dream Big Small Business of the Year Award. MODE team members attended the summit and were able to network and learn from some of the top business names in the country including Marcus Lemonis and Kat Cole.
- MODE Sioux Falls details the new program Click. Shop. Save (6/8/2016)
MODE Sioux Falls recently spoke with KELOLand regarding the new program offered at MODE stores to offer convenience and savings to customers.
- MODE Bismarck Appears on North Dakota Today (5/26/2016)
Heather Pitsiladis of MODE Bismark was on discussing Summer Trends for Your Body and shows off some of the great looks at MODE for all body types!
- MODE Bismarck featured on KFYR (4/22/2016)
MODE Bismarck shows us how to dress up or dress down any outfit!
- MODE Founder and COO on the Eric Holtzclaw show (4/22/2016)
MODE Founder and COO, Ciara Stockeland recently sat down with serial entrepreneur, Eric Holtzclaw of the Eric Holtzclaw show, Biz1190 to talk all things MODE, Mentorship and Small Biz! http://ericholtzclaw.com/owning-a-franchise/
- MODE Featured by US Chamber of Commerce (4/21/2016)
DREAM BIG 2016: This Retail Vision Led to Building a Brand http://uscham.com/1SUuag3
- The Story Exchange features MODE Founder and COO (4/13/2016)
Founder and COO, Ciara Stockeland had her story featured on the Story Exchange. The Story Exchange is a nonprofit media organization dedicated to telling the personal and professional stories of women business owners.
Read her story here: http://thestoryexchange.org/ciara-stockeland/
- Ciara Stockeland’s Interview with KFGO’s Dan Hammer (3/18/2016)
MODE Founder and COO, Ciara Stockeland talks with Dan Hammer from KFGO-AM about being a finalist for the U.S Chamber of Commerce 2016 DREAM BIG Small Business of the Year Award.
- MODE Mt. Pleasant (3/7/2016)
Our Mt. Pleasant, SC store was recently featured for their March event which supports a local non-profit dedicated to empowering domestic violence victims.
- MODE Sioux City (3/7/2016)
MODE Sioux City offers designer fashion and a place to shop for all ages in the Sioux City market! See the recent story featuring the store in the Sioux City Journal!
MODE was recently featured in Prairie Business Magazine for winning the Dream Big Blue Ribbon Small Business Award.
- Franchise Business Review awards MODE with Franchisee Satisfaction Award (2/10/2016)Every year, Franchise Business review publishes its annual ranking of franchise brand. Franchise Business Review, a national franchise market research firm that performs independent surveys of franchisee satisfaction, announced today its “2016 Best of the Best: Top 200 Franchises” list. The survey asks the franchisees to rate the franchisor on everything from training and support to shared goals and how it has compared with their expectations.
We are honored to be on this list – check out the full list from Franchise Business Review!
- MODE featured on Walmart.com (1/25/2016)
MODE was honored as one of the winners of the American Small Business Championship in 2015 and most recently featured on the Walmart.com blog. Check out the MODE feature to learn more about our small business story and our award which enabled us to invest resources back into our small business!
- Bismark featured on ND Today! (1/13/2016)
Check out these fashion makeovers from MODE Bismarck!
#MODEbismarck #MODE #makeover #helpingwomenshopdifferently #Homeofthe$40designerjean
- The Ciara Stockeland story (1/7/2016)
Ciara Stockeland, Founder and COO of MODE is passionate about mentorship. Recently her SCORE mentors, Larry Tessler and Jim Philpot were featured in the Lamorinda Weekly as they discussed the role they have played as business mentors to Ciara as she developed and continues to grow the company.
- Prairie Business Magazine recognition (11/30/2015)
Ciara Stockeland has been recognized as one of the 40 inspiring professionalss under the age of 40 by Prairie Business magazine. Nominees included area leaders from a variety of professional and leadership roles. We are proud to share the entire list along with Ciara’s nomination here.
- Labor decision threatens small businesses (11/4/2015)
Co-Owner of MODE Bismarck, Heather Pitsiladis, Bismarck Tribune Op-ed.
- MODE – Mt. Pleasant gives gift to Robin Roberts (11/3/2015)
- Outstanding Small Businesses and Supporters to Receive Honors at 7th Annual SCORE Awards (10/29/2015)
MODE was featured on Bloomberg.com about about the recent Outstanding Franchise Small Business Award.
- Women Entrepreneurs Take Center Stage At The 7th Annual SCORE Awards (10/23/2015)
MODE featured in Lioness magazine about the recent 2015 SCORE Award.
- How This Small Business Owner Thinks New Government Ruling on Franchises Could Hurt Her Company (10/23/2015)
Ciara Stockeland featured in The Daily Signal.
- Ciara Stockeland, October 18th, Letter: Sens. Hoeven, Heitkamp listening to North Dakota’s small businesses (10/19/2015)
Ciara Stockeland, founder of MODE, October 18th, Fargo Forum Op-ed.
- MODE in Mt. Pleasant rewards women with FREE jeans (10/19/2015)
- A blog from the IFA about Ciara’s visit to the panel. (10/16/2015)
Small business owners to Congress: NLRB’s new test is targeting franchises
The IFA FranBlog posted about Ciara’s testimony asking Congress to protect her business by supporting S. 2015, the Protecting Local Business Opportunity Act.
- Ciara Stockeland’s interview with Valley News Live (10/16/2015)
Interview of Ciara Stockeland and reporter Maecy Enger from Valley News Live.
- Ciara Stockeland visiting the White House (10/6/2015)
Ciara Stockeland, owner and founder of MODE designer stores in North Dakota, testified before the U.S. Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) Committee Oct. 6 to ask the Committee to support legislation to reverse the National Labor Relations Board’s (NLRB) decision to alter the “joint employer” standard for businesses, which will force Stockeland to take more direct control over employees she previously didn’t employ, making small businesses larger and jeopardizing her ability to successfully operate as a franchise business.
Stockeland shared her concerns and those echoed by other small business owner members of the Coalition to Save Local Businesses. Stockeland asked Congress to protect her business by supporting S. 2015, the Protecting Local Business Opportunity Act.
The NLRB recently declared Browning-Ferris Industries, a California-based recycling company, to be a “joint employer” with Leadpoint, a staffing services company. This decision ignored more than 50 years of regulatory and legal precedent and retroactively adopted a far broader definition of “joint employer” than had ever been contemplated. America’s job creators are speaking out about what small business ownership means to them, their families and local communities.
To view the hearing click here
Photo courtesy of C-SPAN: http://www.c-span.org/video/?328592-1/hearing-nlrb-labor-violations-ruling
Labor & Employment Attorney: Small Business Can’t Afford To Fight The NLRB
Small Business Owner: Senators “Think(ing)” Regulation Won’t Hurt Is Their Opinion & Is A Problem
Franchise Owner: The NLRB Joint Employer Ruling Will Prevent Expansion
OSHA Part Of A “Concerted Effort” To Go Outside Authority To Benefit Union Bosses
Franchise Owner: Franchise Model Allowed Me To Create Jobs
- MODE honored with Outstanding Franchise Award (10/3/2015)
MODE was honored to receive the Outstanding Franchise Award last week in D.C. thanks to @UPSStore and @SCOREAwards Take a look at the recent blog post on the UPS Page http://smallbiz.theupsstore.com/blog/small-business-blog/2015/09/24/small-business-owners-and-score-mentors-the-perfect-fit
Check out local and regional press coverage of MODE®. Click the title to read the entire article.
- MODE Wins Outstanding Franchise Small Business Award (9/12/2015)
We are proud to announce that MODE has been selected as a winner of the Outstanding Franchise Small Business Award at the 2015 SCORE Foundation’s Annual SCORE Awards presented by The UPS Store.
MODE was one of the 10 small business winners from across the country that was awarded the SCORE Award which will be presented at the 2015 SCORE Awards Gala on September 17th, 2015 in Washington, D.C.
Read more about our story here:
- MODE Fargo’s Re-Grand Opening (9/8/2015)
MODE Fargo was featured on Valley News Live to help kick off our Re-Grand Opening week!
In celebration of their Re-Grand Opening and Anniversary, MODE will be hosting a ribbon cutting ceremony on Tuesday, September 8 at 4PM, a variety of giveaways and sales throughout the week and an All Store Customer Appreciation on Friday, September 11. Regular Business hours are Monday – Friday 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- MODE Mt. Pleasant Grand Opening (7/14/2015)
Our 9th store opened its doors this last weekend, July 10th & 11th in Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina. The Grand Opening was a great success and had 20 people lined up before the doors opened at 10:00 am the first day!
Front right: Tracy MacKellar, Owner – Front left: Trish Ladson, Manager – Back: Jillian Baumrind, Sales Associate
They are located at 976 Houston Northcutt, Suite M, if you’re ever in the area, stop in!
To see picture of the Grand Openining and Ribbon cutting, click here
- MODE Launches JHAUS Brand – In stores now! (7/8/2015)
MODE recently introduced a new denim brand, to its customers. The brand was featured on KVLY Ch. 11 in Fargo! Click here to view #MODE on #NDTODAY
MODE Fargo announced its first ever Denim Brand Launch Event hosted by the designer herself, JLynn Hausmann. Customers were invited to come meet Jlynn and learn about the fit, feel and wear.
JLynn Hausmann also launched her denim line in our Sioux Falls and Grand Forks stores.
Hausmann credits her Midwest roots for the inspiration behind her collection and has developed a style that is uniquely her own which incorporates Americana motifs in a way that few other designers can. Using tough, strong and basic fabrics, she is able to capture a flowing beauty in designs that make the look her own.
Each one of JLynn’s style of jeans were inspired by one of the many influential women and girls in her life. Family and “staying close to your roots” are the most inspirational things when designing JHaus denim. These Jeans were featured at this event and are available for purchase. These Jeans retail for $140 but can be bought at any MODE store for $50.
- MODE Wins “SCORE Small Business Award” (6/29/2015)
MODE is proud to be a 2015 American Small Business Champion and we have YOU to thank! Thank you for voting for us!
To read our submission click here
Pictured below is founder and COO, Ciara Stockeland at the event to accept the awesome award.
- MODE Woodbury – Opens (6/23/2015)
Our MODE store in Woodbury has officially opened their doors and was recently featured in Woodbury Magazine. We are thrilled to have owner, Patty Miranda and her daughters as a part of our growing MODE family.
Read the full story here
- MODE Fargo: In-forum (5/7/2015)
Ciara Stockland, Founder and COO of Mama Mia Inc. / MODE has one goal- Growing MODE! She was featured in the business section of Fargo’s newspaper, The Forum.
Read the full story here: http://www.inforum.com/business/3739156-mode-founder-hopes-open-75-stores-2024
- Sioux Falls: Spring Denim Tips (5/4/2015)
- North Dakota Today: Layering Your Accessories (8/13/2014)
- Twin Cities Live (8/13/2014)
- Grand Cities Woman (8/5/2014)
- FOX 4 (6/26/2014)
- North Dakota Today: Denim For Everyone (6/26/2014)
- North Dakota Today (5/16/2014)
- KC MAGAZINE (5/15/2014)
- Sioux Falls Business Journal (2/11/2014)
- www.ThisIsKC.com (2/4/2014)
- On the Minds of Moms (10/21/2013)
- Fargo Forum: Business (10/10/2013)
- Inspired Woman: Inspired Style (10/9/2013)
- Prairie Business: Business Development (9/6/2013)
- MODE® Buyer Featured in Fargo Forum: It’s My Job (8/14/2013)
- MODE® Sioux Falls Featured in Sioux Falls Woman Magazine (8/14/2013)
- Hometown Advantage – North Dakota Success (8/14/2013)
- New MODE® store launches in Sioux Falls (5/23/2013)
Check out this NEW VIDEO about the opening of MODE Sioux Falls and the MODE concept!
- New MODE® Video Ads (1/4/2013)
- Pop Fizz: The Weekend Guide (1/4/2013)
- MODE® ‘Free Jeans’ Radio Spot (1/3/2013)
- Swag | Designer Liquidation + Valentine’s Ideas (1/2/2013)