I have been known for as long as I can remember to incorporate quotes into my weekly team meetings, one on one sit downs and writings to team members or franchisees. At the end of the week I will most likely grab my phone, pull up Pinterest. However, instead of attempting to find the best recipe (or heaven forbid a new crafting project), I will search the writings and sayings of others, or simply, quotes! Why do the words of others seem to resonate so strongly with me?
Quirky, quick witted, somber or inspirational, quotes find a concise way to redirect an outlook through their direct way of speaking to the heart. In fact, often the words of others seem to say exactly what I have thought of but could not put into words. Quotes inspire us to look at our circumstances in a new light and often in just ten seconds, open our minds to a new way of thinking. When taken in from the successful mind that crafted the message, our perception of our reality can be re-focused in the context of the struggles of others and life’s journey as a whole.
- “I am not telling you it’s going to be easy, I am telling you it’s going to be worth it” – Art Williams
- “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it” – Margaret Thatcher
- “I always did something I was a little not ready to. I think that is how you grow” –Marissa Mayer
- “Coffee in one hand, confidence in the other” – #bossbabe
- “Opportunity is missed by people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work” – Thomas Edison
- “I have not failed, I have just found 10,000 ways that do not work” – Thomas Edison
My Pinterest board is filled with one or two sentences of genius as expressed through the spoken or written words of another. I would challenge you next time your head is spinning, you need a fresh perspective, or you desire to articulate our thoughts in a clear way, that you brush up on your library of quotes and Get Your MODE On!